Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Carrie Harris Awards

I want to start my own awards show, with random, nonsensical awards that no one else gives out. For example, there's the Best Rolling Award. I was a dance minor in college, so obviously I'm really into that kind of thing. And every time I see the Australian Dance Theatre, they roll. Repeatedly. Kinda like this.



They'd also get the Best Kneepads Award.

The movie Behind Enemy Lines would get the Lifetime Achievement Award for Best Running. Have you seen it? If not, here's the trailer.



Okay, so that's about three minutes. What you missed is about an hour and a half of Owen Wilson running in slo mo, and sometimes at regular speed, y' know, for variety. Sometimes he runs in snow, sometimes in the woods. And eventually, he gets covered in mud. And runs.

And trust me, people. He's a damned good runner. That's why he gets the Lifetime Achievement Award.

I also want to give out the Best Hair Award, but I'm undecided about whether to give it to Richard Simmons or Princess Leia.

My hair is half my body weight.


If both my hands were tied behind my back, I could fire this gun with my bun.

10 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Hee hee! Leah's got those awesome buns of steel. I applaud her for that.

Love your award picks. =)

Jamie Eyberg said...

the hair is a toss-up. I think anyone could, with practice and time, get their hair to look like Lea but no one can pull off the white 'fro like Richard.

Andrea Cremer said...

You, my Lady, have an award of your own over at my blog. Come pick it up :)

Candice said...

I think the Hoff needs to be a contestant in the best hair category. He has more chest hair than the other two have on their heads.

Donna Gambale said...

The Best Hair captions are amazing.

Elana Johnson said...

Ha ha! Kind of like those awards Michael Scott gives on The Office. The Dundees. LOL!

PS. I'd definitely go with Lea. I love the buns. :)

Mariah Irvin said...

I hope a certain red head named Lola won runner up for the Best Running Award.

Karen Denise said...

Oh, I just saw a couple on So You Think You Can Dance dancing like this. It just made me tired.
Btw, I nominated your blog for the Honest Scrap Award. You can check it out on my page!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

i think you shoudl have hair contest and make us all post pictures :) I think i woudl win :)

Tiny T said...

Flippy class should totally become an Australian dance class with ninja knee pads.

Leah buns down. Oh yeah.